Functional Fitness Coach
Functional Fitness Coach
Begins: August, 2019
College Hill CrossFit is seeking qualified candidates for the hourly position of Functional Fitness Coach. This Functional Fitness Coach will coach 4 classes per day for an ancillary program funded by Raven’s Pursuit, a local nonprofit, on the campus of Hope Academy. Hours span from 9:15am – 11:45am and 1:15pm – 3:45pm, Monday through Thursday each week, according to the Hope Academy school schedule.
Strong candidates will be certified Physical Education instructors with significant and highly skilled fitness instruction experience or Level 1 CrossFit certification and with significant coaching experience.
In addition to coaching the four classes per day, the candidate will be expected to program the workouts for the classes using a curriculum provided, to conduct identified benchmark assessments which measure the growth of program participants, and keep records for participation, dressing out, and citizenship, which will be reported back to Hope Academy according to their grade reporting schedule.
Thirty hours per week are funded for this position.
The candidate will have a clear understanding of and sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic differences. S/he should be prepared to use that understanding to guide young students onto successful fitness experiences that will positively impact their social skills and community engagement.
Coach yearlong Functional Fitness classes
- Program the workouts for all classes
- Develop individualized instruction as needed
- Implement strategies for individual WOD and longitudinal growth documentation
- Strive to develop constructive and meaningful relationships with students
- Implement documentation of day-to-day student performance records
- Submit student performance records to Hope Academy according to their expected timeline
Program Assessment Reporting
- Schedule regular assessments of benchmark movements at the start of the year, at end of the Fall Semester, and at the end of the academic year
- Optimize student participation in the benchmark assessments
- Submit assessment data to Raven’s Pursuit Educational Lead upon completion of mid-year and end of year data collection
Salary range: $23,500 to $25,860, dependent upon experience and qualifications.
To apply please send a current resume detailing identified qualifications and a letter of interest to:
College Hill CrossFit